Historic Light Station Information
& Photography
Location: 38 miles north of Juneau
Date Built: 1904
Operational: No
Date Automated: N/A
Deactivated: Reduced to minor light 1917 discontinued in 1932
Height: 42' above water
Foundation Material: concrete block
Construction Material: wooden
Historical Information:

  • Construction was completed in 1904 and the light was fist lit on October 18, 1904.
  • The station was reduced to a minor light before 1917.
  • By 1932 the light was abandoned and replaced with a buoy.
  • In 1981 a dayboard and light were construction on the old lighthouse.